Our governing body, MA Youth Soccer, has changed our process going forward to keep our children safe. Please follow the instructions below to register as a Coach:
1) Register With Methuen Soccer – Coaches please register as a coach with our Registrar: Ann Shapiro, MYSA Registrar after speaking with your league director.
2) Register and Cori with our State Program, MA YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION – Follow the instructions here: https://secure.sportsaffinity.com/reg/index.asp?sessionguid=&domain=ma%2Dcori%2Eaffinitysoccer%2Ecom
3) Take the Concussion Course – https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html
Upon completion print out your certificate, keep on file and submit to Ann Shapiro, MYSA Registrar.
4) Take the US Center for SafeSport course on Abuse Prevention Course – To enroll in this program just click on the link below, click on Sign in, click on Register. When prompted make sure to select US Soccer as your NGB and then enter the access code provided below:
To register: https://www.safesport.org/
Add a Membership during signup to link it in the future to the MA Youth Soccer system – U.S. Soccer
The access code is YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
In order to complete your course registration you will receive an email from SafeSport to confirm your email address. You must respond to the email to activate your account.
Upon completion of ALL 3 modules, visit the main page and print out your overall completion certificate (we do not need the individual module certificates) and keep on file and submit to Ann Shapiro, MYSA Registrar.
5) Attend the mandatory Coach meeting – Fall to be posted soon (check-in) at the Marsh Grammar School Auditorium and bring your license with you and the signed form you need to print from your CORI check.
No person may be on the fields training the children without these credentials on them. If you do not have your credentials during practice, League Officials will be required to cancel your practice and send families home. If you do not have your credentials during a game, the Referees will be required to cancel the game and send families home. This is non-negotiable, so please keep your credentials, once you receive them, with you AT ALL TIMES
Please contact Ann Shapiro, MYSA Registrar with any other questions about the program.
Free Coaching Education
Methuen Soccer is hosting a Grassroots Coach Education course for all their current (new and returning) Spring 2019 coaches within the Methuen Youth Soccer League to take this course for FREE. You will earn your 4 v 4 Grassroots US Soccer Diploma and learn the basics of soccer coaching under the new US Soccer structure.
How to get the course for free:
• Register to coach for the Spring 2019 season for Methuen Youth Soccer
• Register for the course using one of the options below (you must complete the pre-course work that is FREE before you can register for the class)
• Pay in full for the course up front
• Attend the course and receive your certificate
• A full reimbursement check will be handed to you on the day of the clinic
4v4 In-Person Course Details:
The 4v4 In-Person Course is a four-hour course that builds on the principles covered in U.S. Soccer’s Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module. Specifically, candidates will learn more about U.S. Soccer’s Grassroots Coaching Education Philosophy, Play-Practice-Play Methodology, the Six Tasks of a Coach, and the characteristics of players aged 6-8. The course will also ask each candidate to reflect on their experiences to develop action steps for personal growth.
In order to register for the 4v4 In-Person Course, candidates must have completed U.S. Soccer’s Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module (approx. 15 minutes)
This module can be accessed here: https://dcc.ussoccer.com/courses/available/16/details/1546
• Date: April 20, 2019 [https://dcc.ussoccer.com/courses/available/22/details/3806]
• Time: 1:30pm – 6:00 pm
49 Pleasant View St.