Save the Date for the next Whirlaway Sports Discount Weekend! Print the coupon below for the weekend of the 24th, 25th and 26th of March! Remember, you can get all your gear for all the sports you play at the discount that weekend! See you there ^_^
The Merrimack College Women’s Soccer Team is running a youth soccer clinic and would love to see some players from Methuen there!
March 26th from 12-4
This is for Girls & Boys – ages 6 to 14 years old.
Contact Paula Rego to register or for more information.
email@example.com or 774-488-4552
Details are on the flyer below.
Our governing body, MA Youth Soccer, has changed our process going forward to keep our children safe. At this time, details are slowly trickling down to us, however, the new process will be:
1) Coaches register in SportsPilot as a coach under the division(s) you would like to coach in. At this time, you must email the Methuen Soccer Registrar at, firstname.lastname@example.org, to be manually registered in the SportsPilot system.
2) Register and Cori with our State Program, MA YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION following the instructions here: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/members/adult_registration/”
3) You will be required to complete the Concussion Certificate Course below and submit the certificate to the Methuen Soccer Development Director at email@example.com (this is a 30-minute online course) (available now – click the link directly below these steps)
4) You will be required to complete the Nutrition Online Module Course below and submit the certificate to the Methuen Soccer Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org (this is a 30-minute online course) (available now – click the link directly below these steps)
5) You must attend one of the two Coach clinics available below to receive your new credentials for the season. (Available soon for Fall season – for sign-ups at the bottom of page)
– Concussion Certificate Course (CDC) REQUIRED:
– Nutrition Online Module Course (MAYSA) REQUIRED: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/coaches/nutrition/
– For More Information on the Healthy Kids Campaign click below:
MYSA Coaches Handbook
The most important part of this:
No person may be on the fields training the children without these credentials on them. If you do not have your credentials during practice, League Officials will be required to cancel your practice and send families home. If you do not have your credentials during a game, the Referees will be required to cancel the game and send families home. This is non-negotiable, so please keep your credentials, once you receive them, with you AT ALL TIMES
Please contact Cheri Reina-Thunstrom, MYSA Development Director with any other questions about the program.
Referee Director – Cheri Reina-Thunstrom, INTERIM
Referee Registration – All kids interested in entering the Referee program must email the Development Director at email@example.com for placement availability and information; age requirement to enter the program is 11 ½.
Each referee enters the program as a trainee. To become a certified referee, MYSA has a program that must be completed. During this time, the trainees are able to determine if refereeing is something they enjoy and would like to pursue. MYSA welcomes all kids interested in the program, but services are based on eligibility and availability. MYSA reserves the right to dismiss a referee for reasons including but not limited to: not meeting expectations, not following instructions or participating in mandatory training/certification/licensing, tardiness, or no show without proper replacement coverage or notification.
MYSA Referee Handbook
Join us at Not Your Average Joe’s on Tuesdays in April for our Methuen Soccer Fundraiser! Bring the Flyer below with you every Tuesday in April (April 4th, 11th, 18th and 23rd) to Not Your Average Joe’s at 90 Pleasant Valley Street in Methuen and the league will receive 15% of the proceeds*! It’s a great way to enjoy dinner out while supporting the sport they love to play! See you there ^_^
* Excludes Alcohol, Tax and Gratuity
Click to Enlarge