Our governing body, MA Youth Soccer, has changed our process going forward to keep our children safe. At this time, details are slowly trickling down to us, however, the new process will be:
1) Coaches register in SportsPilot as a coach under the division(s) you would like to coach in.
2) Register and Cori with our State Program, MA YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION following the instructions here: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/members/adult_registration/”
3) You will be required to complete the Concussion Certificate Course below and submit the certificate to the Methuen Soccer Development Director at email@example.com (this is a 30-minute online course) (available now – click the link directly below these steps)
4) You will be required to complete the Nutrition Online Module Course below and submit the certificate to the Methuen Soccer Development Director at firstname.lastname@example.org (this is a 30-minute online course) (available now – click the link directly below these steps)
5) You must attend one of the two Coach clinics available below to receive your new credentials for the season. (Available soon for Fall season – for sign-ups at the bottom of page)
– Concussion Certificate Course (CDC) REQUIRED:
– Nutrition Online Module Course (MAYSA) REQUIRED: http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/coaches/nutrition/
– For More Information on the Healthy Kids Campaign click below:
MYSA Coaches Handbook
The most important part of this:
No person may be on the fields training the children without these credentials on them. If you do not have your credentials during practice, League Officials will be required to cancel your practice and send families home. If you do not have your credentials during a game, the Referees will be required to cancel the game and send families home. This is non-negotiable, so please keep your credentials, once you receive them, with you AT ALL TIMES
Online NSCAA’s Level 1 Diploma: cost $10 – $40
The Level 1 Diploma is designed to help coaches implement developmentally-appropriate training games to improve skill levels. It is also the Association’s most convenient and accessible course offering.
Anyone can complete the eight Level 1 modules; topics covered include coaching methodology, small-sided games, and communication and motivation. To earn the NSCAA Level 1 Diploma, coaches must complete the eight modules and one elective. There are five electives to choose from, based on player ages.
8 Core Modules Include:
– Principles of Coaching
– Coaching Methodology
– Small-Sided Games
– Planning for Player Development
– Attacking Principles of Play
– Defending Principles of Play
– Developmentally Appropriate Coaching
– Communication and Motivation
|Options:||Price:||Level 1 Diploma:|
|Register for 8 Core Modules + 1 elective||$10||YES|
|Register for 8 Core Modules + 2-5 electives||$10/course or $40 for ALL five electives||YES|
c/o Coach License Reimbursement
PO Box 1034
Methuen, MA 01844
We welcome all our coaches to continue their training through the Level 2-6 programs. Registration information for all coaches interested in continuing outside of the suggested Level 1 Diploma can locate them at the links below. Please note: MYSA reimburses 1/2 for Level 2-6 upon completion after proof of diploma and proof of payment.
Please contact Cheri Reina-Thunstrom, MYSA Development Director with any other questions about the program.