Our governing body, MA Youth Soccer, has changed our process going forward to keep our children safe. Please follow the instructions below to register as a Coach:
1) Register With Methuen Soccer – Coaches please register as a coach with our Registrar: Ann Shapiro, MYSA Registrar after speaking with your league director.
2) Register and Cori with our State Program, MA YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION – Follow the instructions here: https://secure.sportsaffinity.com/reg/index.asp?sessionguid=&domain=ma%2Dcori%2Eaffinitysoccer%2Ecom
3) Take the Concussion Course – https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/youthsports/training/index.html
Upon completion print out your certificate, keep on file and submit to Ann Shapiro, MYSA Registrar.
4) Take the US Center for SafeSport course on Abuse Prevention Course – To enroll in this program just click on the link below, click on Sign in, click on Register. When prompted make sure to select US Soccer as your NGB and then enter the access code provided below:
To register: https://www.safesport.org/
Add a Membership during signup to link it in the future to the MA Youth Soccer system – U.S. Soccer
The access code is YC3E-6P5G-YYIL-CS2M
In order to complete your course registration you will receive an email from SafeSport to confirm your email address. You must respond to the email to activate your account.
Upon completion of ALL 3 modules, visit the main page and print out your overall completion certificate (we do not need the individual module certificates) and keep on file and submit to Ann Shapiro, MYSA Registrar.
5) Attend the mandatory Coach meeting – On April 3, 2019 at 6:30 pm (check-in) at the Marsh Grammar School Auditorium and bring your license with you and the signed form you need to print from your CORI check.
Affinity CORI/Registration Tutorial
MYSA Coach Handbook
No person may be on the fields training the children without these credentials on them. If you do not have your credentials during practice, League Officials will be required to cancel your practice and send families home. If you do not have your credentials during a game, the Referees will be required to cancel the game and send families home. This is non-negotiable, so please keep your credentials, once you receive them, with you AT ALL TIMES
Please contact Ann Shapiro, MYSA Registrar with any other questions about the program.